Word jij onze nieuwe collega?Fullstack Software Developer (Python/Django)?
- Nelson Hoofdkantoor
- Fulltime (40 uur)
Fullstack Software Developer (Python/Django)HOOFDDORP
Hoe jouw dag er uit gaat zien
Full Stack Software Developer (Python)
As a software developer you will be working on Nelson’s E-commerce Platform. Our recently developed in-house build platform powers a large part of our e-commerce operation. From sales through kiosks in our physical stores, multiple on-line shops, payment to personalization and product recommendations.
Together with the development team you will be responsible for the stability, reliability and versatility of our e-commerce platform.
What you will be doing
● With other developers and colleagues from different disciplines - product, design, marketing - you collaboratively work to conceptualize and build new features that solve real problems for customers and the organization;
● You actively take ownership over features and systems and take responsibility for their end-to-end (from frontend to backend) implementation and long-term health;
● You’ll review and improve code written by members of your team;
● You’ll help with triaging and resolving production issues.
Who you are
● You get a kick out of knowing that your creations help improve the experience of hundreds of thousands of real customers;
● You are curious about how the business operates from a process perspective, and are interested in improving these processes through technological solutions;
● You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you;
● You like brainstorming with colleagues to find the optimal trade-offs between scope, quality and speed;
● You enjoy working on different projects and can balance the demand of supporting the daily operation, implementing new features and improving the overall robustness of the platform.
Other desired skills and experience
● You’ve been building web applications in Python professionally for 4+ years;
● You have experience in building performant solutions for high traffic sites;
● You write clear, testable code with an eye towards maintainability;
● You have experience with relational databases and SQL;
● You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Technologies you will use
Some of the technologies and development tools we use and you will be working with:
● Python (3)
● Gitlab (CI), JIRA, Docker, GCP
What we can offer you
● Being part of a small team of enthusiastic professionals;
● Lots of responsibility, autonomy and the opportunity to make a big impact;
● Market competitive salary;
● Choice of hardware: Dell XPS or Macbook Pro;
● Travel allowance;
● Retirement plan;
● 25 leave days;
● Relocation support.
About Nelson Schoenen
Nelson Schoenen BV is a fast growing family-owned omni-channel retailer specialized in the sale of footwear and accessories. With a total of 150 physical stores and multiple online shops we are one of the largest shoe retailers in the Netherlands. We are known for the Nelson multi-brand stores and the Nelson.nl online shop but also operate several Ecco, Timberland and Skechers mono-brand stores. Additionally we also offer our products through online market places such as Bol.com, Amazon, Kleertjes.com and Wehkamp.
Our collection consists of a wide variety of well-known brands as well as fashionable selection of Nelson and Dolcis private-label products.
If shoes were small enough, they’d be coursing through our veins. With our passion for shoes we make sure that many thousands of customers find the right pair of shoes through our stores and online channels all year round.
Nelson is growing and sees many more opportunities to expand its field of activity and market share by opening new branches, optimizing existing branches and further expanding our omnichannel strategy.
Wat we van jou verwachten
Wat je van ons kan verwachten
Prettige sfeer & collega's
Een fijne werkplek in een mooi, modern kantoor
Je toekomstige werkplek
Ons adres en routebeschrijving
- Nelson Hoofdkantoor
- Willem Brocadesdreef 1
- 2132 PV HOOFDDORP